Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing and completing bid/submittal documents and cost estimates for construction projects. The Senior Estimator is the Lead Estimator for projects and work with other Estimators, suppliers and customers to complete the estimate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare estimate from quantity take-off on project and complete estimate to computer printout.
2. Identify parts of project that may be key to making a competitive estimate.
3. Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
4. Evaluate possible areas for potential value engineering cost savings.
5. Provide leadership to personnel preparing discipline sub estimates for assigned bids.
6. Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
7. Develop labor productivity and (installation unit costs where applicable) based on projected site conditions and historical data.
8. Prepare detailed listing of material and equipment items for the estimate and to obtain quotes.
9. Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and be responsible to solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness and conformance with plans and specs.
10. Responsible for the timely completion of all client-required documents.
11. Draft scope/proposal letters for bid and negotiated projects.
12. Prior to the issuing of the formal bid package, provide to the Chief Estimator a detailed review of scope, technical requirements and pricing for the estimated bid package.
13. After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with the Project Management departments to fully explain job scope, potential areas of attention and other aspects for the successful transition of the project.
14. Maintain files of all working documents to back-up estimate figures and update the MPS approved estimating program.
15. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
• Minimum 4 years’ estimating, or other relevant experience in closing constructions estimates
• Experience in Accubid software preferred
• Experience in CAD or 3D software preferred
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or engineering design drawings
• Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
• Ability to estimate all types of projects and to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential
• Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
• Up to 10%
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: October 2014