Locations: McKinney/Sherman, Texas
Employment Type: Full Time
The Engineering Team Lead is responsible for Provide technical engineering information and assistance to company management to ensure that project complies with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications. The position would be considered a lead design position overseeing several engineers and designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee Engineers, Designers and CAD staff assigned to your work or team.
2. Prepare or oversee work plans for engineering and production resources including the estimation of effort required to complete the work
3. Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals.
4. Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process and all electrical trades.
5. Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting and auxiliary systems and power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, equipment elevations.
6. Coordinate your work with the project Specifications or equipment buy-out.
7. Visit job sites of remodel projects to field survey existing conditions.
8. Back-check for quality assurance the work of several team members under their supervision.
9. Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment
10. Conduct value engineering functions.
11. Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
12. Lead internal team design progress meetings to review current project resource allocation as well as fee disposition.
13. Communicate with Operations in order to accomplish the expected deliverables and support, including developing requests for additional services; to provide preliminary information needed to develop a competitive bid; and to coordinate the design criteria for budgetary issues.
14. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference's, and errors.
15. Generate or oversee project specifications appropriate for the project.
16. Develop complete and accurate sequence of operations for all designed systems.
17. Supports Estimating and Business Development.
18. Perform work involving the application of all conventional aspect of electrical engineering related in the design of high tech, health industry, commercial, industrial and high rise residential.
19. Review plans and review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
20. Supervise the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state, and county officials, and other outside agencies.
21. Prepare plans and specifications, establish schedules, and coordinate engineering work with project manager.
22. Assist in Marketing of the firm. This may include attendance at Project Interviews.
23. Prepare documentation for the commissioning of a building.
24. Resolve a variety of complex problems (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), as well as, provide technical problem resolution.
25. Documents and archives work pursuant the MPS standards.
26. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Construction or related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience as an Engineer
• Must be registered as a Professional Electrical Engineer
• Must be registered as a US-based Professional Engineer (P.E.)
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
•Advanced knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, value engineering, applicable codes, and standards, etc. required
•The ability to assume responsibility, interface, and coordinate with others is essential, as is the ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems
• Fluency in any of the following building types is required: mission-critical, high- rise and high-density housing, hospitality, health care, laboratory, commercial, gaming and high-technology
• Working knowledge in the current version of AutoCAD Building Systems and AutoCAD 2004 or later.
• Fluency with the Codes applied in the work
• Code acumen and conflict resolutions are vital to this position
• Working knowledge of equipment and system testing and commissioning
• Possess engineering management skills for resource allocation, work flow, work planning, fee estimating and independent QA/QC of their team’s work
• Advanced management skills are required, including work planning, resource management, fee development, staff oversight, staff development and advancement planning
• Capable of supervising a design group of a maximum of 7-10 people
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: September 2014