Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for directing, training and administrating the tool room, vehicle and equipment maintenance and rental equipment. Coordinates with the Production, Project Managers and Branch Managers regarding tools and equipment required for projects. Manages the Tools and Equipment Department including overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all Tools and Equipment department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate on a regular basis with Superintendents, General Foreman, Foreman and Project Managers regarding projects, timelines, project startups and the equipment, tools and supplies required.
2. Develop and implement lines of communication and tracking between field management ensuring that the Company is providing first class quality and service to its customers.
3. Confer with the Area Superintendent and other staff members in the development of the Tools and Equipment budget.
4. Maintains the accuracy and inventory of tools and equipment.
5. Ensures that Tools and Equipment Department is in compliance with Quality and Safety Policies.
6. Develop and implement weekly and monthly Tool and Equipment Tracking Reports that include metrics such as tools and equipment inventory for specific projects, equipment usage and vehicle maintenance.
7. Oversees the maintenance and housekeeping of all Electric Tools, Equipment and Vehicles.
8. Responsible for working with key Company Tool and Equipment vendors on supplier agreements that will deliver quality products and services at a competitive price.
9. Evaluate and implement improvements needed to increase Company profitability.
10. Keep informed about industry trends and new technologies.
11. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred
• 5 years in construction support operation and knowledge of construction equipment and materials.
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements.
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
• General work environment – standing for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: October 2016